Thursday, February 10, 2011

The French Aren't All Bad: Hob Nob

Hob Nob

There are times when you'll be hanging out with people who only drink Miller Lite and Pink Zin, but you'll want something will a little more flavor.  And body. And color.  
Anything really, that isn't the aforementioned beverages.

But you don't want to offend your company with anything too strong or bitter.  Certainly nothing that is an "acquired taste."

Why Hob Nob?

Normally, I prefer Willamette Valley Pinot Noirs.  I've probably had 20 different ones, and I've never even graced the lush Pacific Northwest with my presence (the Pacific Northwest may be happy about this). This garnet colored French wine is excellent with most things:  It is mild but flavorful, fruity but not sweet.  The first taste won't startle your palette, but you won't be terribly disappointed.  I haven't had one single person complain about a bitter taste.  I did find a review that gave this a "C" grade, but the reason was a "green finish."  I don't necessarily taste in color, so I don't know what that means.  Green is my favorite color, so maybe I would like this sort of completion to my sip.  Whatever - I think this is a solid crowd pleaser for the price.
I also like antique cars.


Cost?
Less than $20.  In most states this may be had for around $14 per bottle, and in California it retails for around $11.  There are other Hob Nob varieties, but I haven't tried them and can't vouch for their qualities.

It has a fake cork, though.  There are some people who prefer the real thing, so I'm just letting you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment